LabBook™ Quick Start Guide
Make sure to register first on www. openiolabs.com to obtain your login information. Go to cloud.openiolabs.co.uk and use the user name and password from the registration confirmation email. If you organisation already has an account your organisation administrator can provide you with user name and login in information.
Users and profile
When logging in the first time, use the Administrator account, and add new users under the→ Users tab→Add new users.
Before connecting under Users →Devices→Add new devices, enter the serial number found on IOI devices.
This IOI will be linked to your organisation, and cannot be used by other organisation. It can be used by other users with in your organisation.
If this IOI is transferred to another organisation, it needs to be deleted from the current organisation before being registered with any other organisation.
Connect devices, IOIs and configure
- Connect your devices to IOIs to corresponding ports.
- Plug in the power and connect IOIs to the network. Depending on your IOIs and network, there are several ways to do it.
- Use an ethernet cable to connect the IOI and your network.
- Also a direct wifi can be used to connect IOIs to internet.
- Or you can simply contact us and we can make the connections for you.
All the devices are online (appear under Devices tab).
3. Click on the Devices tab →”Device name” to open configuration window.
- Edit the names for device and each channel here.
- Choose to log or just observe data from each channel.
- Set up the interval (ms) to define how often sensors make measurements.
- Add widgets. Go to Devices tab →”Device name”→Channels, add widgets to display data or control channels.Click on to open the widget toolbox,
There are several types of widgets available:
- Text: for taking notes, such as observations and comments. Or for text data.
- Graph: monitor signal changes with time.
- Current value: single value reading.
- Slider: apply values to input channels.
- Button: turn on and off channels.
- Graph: set a window (a period of time ) for data display.
- Current value: set unit, decimal places, update frequency. Set an alert.
- Button: set active and inactive value.
3. Organise widgets.
When widgets are first added, they are added to the first available position closest to the top left corner.
- click on expand to change window size. Windows can overlap.
- click on clip, widgets move to the first available position closest to the top left corner. Sizes cannot be changed and windows cannot overlap with each other.
- Move widgets to desired positions and you can save your customised layout using Save Desktop button.
Simple scripts can also be used to control the devices. Go to Devices tab →”Device name”→Scripts, upload the scripts.
You can label the data by using tags. Go to Tagging tab→Add new tagging session, a new tagging window opens.